Features about the Revive! Franchise including franchisor interviews, latest updates on exciting developments within the Revive! Franchise franchise and much more. Find out more about the latest features from the Revive! Franchise franchise.
Keeping your vehicles looking pristine at all times is one of the most important aspects to maintaining a good reputation in your local area.
Because hearses and limousines are much bigger than ordinary cars, the occasional kerb bump or wheel scrape are unavoidable even for the most experienced of drivers. It can be expensive and time-consuming to have to take a vehicle to the bodyshop for repair, but an alternative, more cost effective solution is to call in your local Revive technician who can repair most small stone chips, scuffs, scrapes and scratched alloy wheels on your own premises.
Revive! Is the country’s leading smart* repairer and has extensive experience of working on hearses and limousines servicing contracts with major undertaking firms throughout the UK.
Revive! managing director Mark Llewellyn offers these ten top tips to help keep fleets looking smart and on the road
1. Always use a good quality wash system – cheap detergents can damage shine or fade paint.
2. Use high quality chamois or micro fibre cloths to dry the vehicle
3. Do not valet vehicles in bright sunlight
4. Regularly apply a high quality wax to the vehicle – at least once a month
5. Remove all watches, bracelets, rings or other jewellery before applying wax.
6. Don’t apply/polish wax in circles, always use straight lines
7. Regularly apply a treatment to the interior of the vehicle e.g. leather to stop it drying and cracking – use a good quality leather care cream
8. Garage vehicles when not in use and avoid parking under trees for any length of time
9. Have the vehicles inspected regularly by an expert to identify scuffs/ scratches or stone chips
10. Get minor scratches, scuffs or stone chips repaired as soon as possible to avoid corrosion.
**'SMART" is a term used in the car bodywork profession. It stands for Small to Medium Area Repair Technique.
Business Information - Revive acheive the ATA standard
6th July 2012
Revive!‘s two year drive to create a professional standard for mobile repairers has finally come to fruition with the IMI launch of the...
Franchisor Interview - Mumpreneur Profile: Terry Mullen from Revive!
17th March 2010
Mum of two, Terry Mullen, describes her journey into franchising with Smart Repair franchise Revive! and how it is to be a female in a male...
Industry Profile - 'Scratch beneath the surface' – because not all Smart Repair franchises are the same.
1st August 2009
At a time when the UK is suffering from the worst recession in decades you may be wondering why more new companies are entering the Smart...
Having worked with the Revive! team for a little time now, it is great to know that there is always someone at the end of the phone to help with technical support or just general advice of how to continue developing my business
19th January 2015
Adam Smith Set Up Revive! Luton in October 2008
26th January 2015
The benefits of attending Revive! Discovery Days.....
6th July 2012
Revive acheive the ATA standard